File a claim


Homeowner’s insurance policies may include a back up of sewer and drain endorsement however they do not include coverage for flooding.  A seperate policy must be purchased for coverage of floods.  When purchasing a property in a high-risk areas lenders often require the purchaser to carry a flood policy to protect the structure.  Coverage for your contents is optional but generally a flood insurance policy protects the building and its contents.

Building Coverage Includes

  • The insured building and its foundation
  • The electrical and plumbing system
  • Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces, and water heaters
  • Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
  • Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring

Contents Coverage Includes

  • Clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment
  • Curtains
  • Portable and window air conditioners
  • Portable microwaves and dishwashers
  • Carpeting that is not already included in property coverage
  • Clothing washers and dryers